Pictures Courtesy

family pictures courtesy of Andrea Busath

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Gallbladder

Last night I had one of the worst experiences of my life. I would not wish it on anyone!! Arthur and I got home from one of Maya's friend's birthday party and we were just hanging out when I got an intense pain just under my rib cage on the right side. I was trying to find a comfortable position but just couldn't. I felt a constant pain that got worse at times and it was very tender to the touch.

I headed to bed around 10 and tossed and turned for about an hour and finally couldn't handle it anymore. I got up and walked around but that didn't help. It hurt so bad I could not control my tears. I'm sure Arthur was wondering what was up with me. He offered a blessing and I accepted. What a beautiful experience, receiving a blessing from my righteous husband.

After the blessing, by now it was midnight and I tried to get comfortable again, but about an hour later the pain was just too crazy. So, I told Arthur I needed to go to the hospital. Since our kids were sleeping, Arthur stayed with them and Steve came to my rescue. He hauled tail over to our house to get me and hauled some more tail to get me to the hospital. They pulled me back right away and started the assessment. They asked me all kinds of stuff and got me hooked up to some pain meds. Those helped me SO much. They made me quite loopy for a few minutes. Steve witnessed this right before I was discharged because they gave me another dose. Anyhoo, the doctor came in and pushed on my stomach and with it being to tender it made me catch my breath. He did the Murphy test; pushed on my abdomen while I exhaled and that was even worse.

Steve was allowed back once they got all the info they needed. They took some blood and a half hour later I went to have a CT. From the CT they saw that I have a few gallstones. The doctor recommended I have my gallbladder removed but didn't push it. He gave me the contact info of a local general surgeon and today we went and met with him, Dr. Coray. He strongly recommended to have the surgery. It's an outpatient procedure so it will only take a day. Next Monday is the day that I will become one organ short!!

It's supposed to be very routine...even so, keep me in your prayers. Thanks!!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Yowzah! I'm glad you're ok and it's not TOO serious. I will keep you in my prayers.

Just couldn't stay away from the hospital could ya?

A sister missionary had to get her gallbladder out on the mission. We visited her in the hospital. Good memories...for me...probably not so much for her.

Becky said...

my mom wants an invite to your blog. sandy_alger@byu.edu

Sandy said...

Thanks for the invite. Bruce had his gall bladder out just after we moved to San Jose. We were on Kaiser. Only cost him $5. What a blessing.