Pictures Courtesy

family pictures courtesy of Andrea Busath

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Surgery

I'm having my gallbladder removed tomorrow.  I have to admit, I'm a little nervous.  I've been in touch with a girl who was in our ward who had the procedure done last year.  She's been letting me know the truth about this surgery...it WILL take time to recover.  She mentioned the surgery lasts about 45 minutes, but the hospital recovery time is several hours. 

I've been especially nervous about how my post-baby body will react.  I'm nursing and I've been told that I need to pump and dump the day of the surgery so that baby doesn't get any of the yucky meds/drugs.  After that, he should be fine.  I will be on some pain killers but the pharmacist told me that it won't have any adverse affect on the baby beside maybe making him more tired.  I just think, he's a newborn, how much more tired can he be?!

Maya is all squared away for tomorrow, a friend of mine is going to watch her until we get home and then she'll most likely go to her little friend's house after that.  My biggest concern is how Kade and Maya will fend the days to follow.  My mom recommended having someone come in and check on me to make sure Kade's ok.  How sad is that?! I have to have someone come and make sure my baby is being taken care of.  Well, now is definitely the time I'm going to take advantage of all of my friends who have kids close to Maya's age.

Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

good luck. You'll be in our prayers.

Becky said...

I have been praying for you. I hope you were released from the hospital with a quick recovery ahead of you! I love you!