Pictures Courtesy

family pictures courtesy of Andrea Busath

Friday, November 4, 2011

Haircut!!

I'll just get right to it!! A couple of Sundays ago I went to church with slightly damp hair and all day I felt like a combination of Cousin It and a wet mop. It was then that I realized it was time for a change. The next day I was in a local hair salon getting my long locks chopped off. I was trying to channel Jennifer Aniston from 2000ish. She had an adorable bob that was just above her shoulders. I brought pics w me to show the stylist what I wanted.

Well, it turns out my hair is just too thick to be cut without layers. So, once I looked in the mirror, I asked the stylist, we'll call her Jane, to add some layers. Jane did as I asked, however, the layers did not go up high enough to create any kind of thinning at the bottom of the very blunt cut. Jane styled my hair and then curled it (terribly). I headed home and redid my hair to see if maybe once I styled it I'd like it. To no avail, that plan failed miserably.

The next day I contacted the salon and the owner answered. I asked if I could come in to get my hair fixed. She explained to me that they like to have the original stylist fix the do, which I totally understood, but Jane wasn't working until Friday. I felt that was a little too long to fix a disgruntled customer's locks, so I asked to be seen that day. The owner, we'll call her Trudy, said she could fit me in that day at three. I said great and before I knew it Turdy was changing her tune and telling me she'd call if something opened up. So I still had no appointment to fix the hair I was unhappy with. I still haven't received a phone call from Trudy or Jane attempting to fit me in. Thank goodness I didn't just wait around.

A friend of mine, who I don't know why I didn't think of earlier, attends the local Paul Mitchell hair school and when I mentioned my experience she said, "come see me and I'll fix ya right up!!" So in I went to a hair student and boy am I pleased! She did a great job, not to mention her teacher cut most of my layers. They both did a great job and it was worth paying twice to have them fix it.

There ya have it!!!!! Think twice before chopping your hair or at least think long enough to make an appoinetment with someone you KNOW will do a good job!!

2 comments:

Meg said...

i want to see a picture!

Becky said...

Seriously disappointed you didn't take/share pictures.

The salon is LAME! And they just lost a customer.