Pictures Courtesy

family pictures courtesy of Andrea Busath

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Prompt

A cousin of mine has sparked my interest to see if I can blog everyday this month.  We'll see how it goes.  I'm utilizing her blog as a prompt in order to decide on a topic for today.  I don't usually blog about anything but my kids so this will be a new experience for me and you!!

She talked about TV shows that she watches and then went into wondering how she could 'get out more.'  I think a little TV is ok.  We, like her, only have the Internet as a way to keep in touch with the TV world.  We do have instant Netflix and enjoy that.  Soooo...here's my list of some past favorites and current favorites.

Past Favs:
LOST - I've actually considered watching the series all the way through again.  I still have some unanswered questions, go figure!!
Prison Break - We're watching this now on Netflix, but it ended back in '08 or '09.
Beverly Hills 90210 - Yep, I'm going way back.  The same cousin, who helped light a fire under me, use to live with me and my family and we would come home from work and watch what we liked to call Garbage.  We knew it wasn't the greatest show, but we couldn't get enough of it!
Friday Night Lights - I was sad to see this show end.  I knew it had to end eventually, it just came too soon :-(.

Current Favs:
The Biggest Loser - This show has always been a must watch for me.  It's inspiring and I'm looking forward to when I feel up to 'for real' working out.
Modern Family - So funny! I don't keep up with the weekly episodes but I do watch it when I can.
ANTM - If you know what that stands for then you're into it too!!!  Definitely a guilty pleasure.
Project Runway - The season just ended and the person that won has only been sewing for six months.  Crazy!!!

Right now it feels almost impossible to get even five minutes to myself, let alone watch a 40 minute show.  However, finding that balance with family, responsibilities, and me-time is a challenge and sometimes a 40 minute show is all it takes for me to be rejuvenated.  Try and figure out what you can do to find that ever important balance.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That last one...is it something top model? If it is on a tuesday night when dad is at a meeting and I have time I like to watch it...some of the people could use some get along skills =)

Becky said...

Oh man! I LOVED LOST! If they keep all the seasons up on Netflix I think I will watch the whole series again this winter...what else am I going to do!?!?

ANTM - couldn't figure out what that was but Unknown (Aunt Nancy?) is right America's Next Top Model. I have watched that in the past. It's a pretty good show. I really like project runway and used to watch that with Nathan's dad when we lived with his parents. Totally not a show that I expected my father-in-law to watch...and he was totally watching just because I wanted to watch but still, he got into it! He's so rad. Nathan and his mom...not so into it. Ha ha!

But, I used to watch What Not To Wear with Nathan's mom. That was fun. Forgot about those shows. huh?