Pictures Courtesy

family pictures courtesy of Andrea Busath

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Missed :-(

I missed blogging yesterday due to an unforeseen schedule.  Oh well. I kind of figured I'd fall short posting everyday this month.  Hopefully this is the only mess up.

Last night I had an idea for a post, but now I've forgotten.  Darn!!  I should've got out of bed and began a post.  Eh.  The weather has turned for the worst here in Rexburg.  Last week it got very cold and has continued to get even colder this week.  A few mornings ago, Arthur woke up to get ready for work and it was 11 degrees outside.  BURRRR!!!  He's been riding his bike faithfully this semester but that morning it was just too darn cold that I wouldn't even let him ride if he'd wanted to.

The next thing that comes with the colder weather is snow...lots and lots of snow.  I believe this winter won't fail to impress with how much snow will fall.  We've lived here for three winters, this will be our fourth, and we are always surprised how soon it snows and how long it snows for...October to April, really?!  We should be prepared and use to it by now, but I am never ready for these bitter-cold and snowy winters.

I think my biggest issue with the winters here is how hard it is to keep our home warm.  Just when we think it's warm enough to turn the heater off, within a few hours it's freezing again.  Our poor babies...Maya's got a thick skin already, but Kade is just learning about the terrain he was born in.  The worst is bath time...the warmest rooms in the house are typically the kids' room and the living room, only if you're right next to the heater.  After Maya's bath we get her all ready for bed in her room because it's warm in there.  Kade on the other hand, we bathe in the sink and haul him over to the living room right next to the heater and get him dried and dressed.  He HATES it.  He hates the bath in general but the cold after the bath...no fun for baby, or this mama.  Even I hate getting out of the shower.

Chalk it up to another winter in Rexburg that we're not prepared for!!  Hopefully by next winter we'll either be on our way to somewhere else or have thicker skin!

1 comment:

Becky said...

For some reason I'm geared up for the winter! Maybe I'm just deluding myself and in a few weeks when there a thick blanket of snow here to stay and more biting cold, I'll be cryin' myself to sleep while my feet are ice cubes. We'll see. But, I'm trying to embrace it this year.