Pictures Courtesy

family pictures courtesy of Andrea Busath

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Welcome, Welcome!!

Due to some security issues, we've had to change our blog and make it private.  I know, I know...I always said my blog would never be private but after what happened, it is!!  It was nothing too crazy; just enough to change all our passwords, update my email address, change the color of my hair...oh and get a nose job plus face lift ;-).

A lot has happened within the Yuan household.  Actually, not very much has happened, it just sounds better to say 'a lot' rather than one huge thing.  Anyway, we've welcomed a new addition to our family, Kade Vincent.







It was a fast, smooth and easy delivery.  We had an appointment to be induced the day after he was due (10/10) and we showed up at 7:30am, got all hooked up to everything by 9 and he was born at 1:47pm after four pushes.  That's the way to do it!!!

Maya and Grandma came and hung out with us a little bit after the delivery and it was fun to see Maya's reaction to this new little person. 


She absolutely adores him.  Us, however, she doesn't!  She puts on quite a show when she feels we're putting her on the back burner.  I do feel bad because that feels like ALL...the...time.  She's being a real trooper though.  She does get a lot of attention from daddy which was kind of to be expected since Kade relies on me for...uh...ahem...all things having to do with his growth.  And let me tell you, boy is he growing.  At his two week check up he'd gained a pound and a few days later, he'd gained several more ounces.  His cheeks are filling out, but he's still got some seriously scrawny legs.  He's a fun little boy and time has flown by these last few weeks.  I hear with each kid it only goes faster...oh dear!

Stay tuned for more updates on our growing family and the whole delivery happenings!!

6 comments:

Becky said...

Your new blog looks nice! Kade Vincent is so adorable. I wish I could cuddle him in my arms! I also wish Marley and Maya could have playdates. Hmmm....maybe someday.

Nicole said...

Maya is so big and Kade is adorable! You look waaay too good to have just had a baby! Glad things are well for you and the fam. Enjoy that nose job and face lift ;)

AndreaB said...

Yay for new blogs! Well, not really, but yay for you blogging again! I am so excited for you guys!! Kade is so cute, and I can't believe how big Maya is getting! I hope I get to see you guys soon =]]

Julie J. said...

What a little darling! I can't believe he is two weeks old already and I'm just now getting to seee pictures. WHY don't we live closer to each other?
I can't wait to meet him in person sometime soon, and we have a little something for him, I just gots to get myself to the post office.
Love you all!

Eli said...

Oh Aims! It is about stinkin time I get to see pictures of that little boy! He is ADORABLE!!Congrats. Sounds like things have been going good for you guys. You all look great and I hope we can see you sooner than later!! Miss you tons.

Eli said...

Okay so it says "Eli" but it really is Velvet. ha ha that would be kind of awkward aye...private messages from my hub...how long has this been going on? HOW LONG? (imagine a Jack Bower voice if you've watched 24..if you haven't that is a great instant series to start while you are chillin and nursin) Anyways yeah I'm kidding. but it really is from me (Velvet)