Pictures Courtesy

family pictures courtesy of Andrea Busath

Monday, November 25, 2013

A migraine

I think headaches are pretty much the worst thing that could happen to a mother.

I had my second migraine yesterday.  It was bad, like throwing up, feeling dizzy and extremely nauseous bad.

My first migraine was a couple of months ago.  It was a similar experience...I woke up feeling icky and just after breakfast my stomach got upset and my head started to hurt really bad.  It laid me out for a couple of hours but then I was back to business as usual.  

This time, I woke up, made breakfast and I started feeling very nauseous.  Then I got a weird rainbow like line across my right eye and in my peripheral vision.  My head had a constant pain...there was no thump with my heartbeat or relief.

I 'emptied' my stomach on a few occasions and then got some rest before Arthur had to leave to teach his Sunday School lesson.

I'm sure these episodes are nothing compared to others' migraines...I know folks who are out-for-the-count for an entire day.

I'm grateful for these experiences because they allow me to understand, a little, what others are going through...and they help me be grateful for a healthy body otherwise.


2 comments:

Becky said...

I need to write about this. About my girls too.

Becky said...

Ooops!posted above comment on the wrong post!

Migraines.....I hate them. But glad I get them sometimes because it does make me grateful when I don't have them, helps me empathize with others and that's all.