Pictures Courtesy

family pictures courtesy of Andrea Busath

Monday, November 4, 2013

"You are stronger than you think." - Unknown

Having children is quite an adventure.  For me, just when I think I'm getting the hang of things, something happens that brings me back and makes me realize that this is, and will be, a continued journey and learning process.

My mom and I were just talking about having kids and it made me think of all the many wonderful things I have learned from each of my children. 

From the beginning, Maya has been a bundle of surprise.  She is our little miracle and she continues to amaze me with her strength and her healthy body that, even when it is sick or broken, it heals properly (with time) and she's back to her normal self.  From the beginning she has been described as feisty and she has lived up to that characteristic.

Kade is living proof that this mama could open her heart to more kids.  When Maya was born, the love I felt for her was incredible and so natural.  When I became pregnant with Kade, I didn't understand how I could love another child as much as I love Maya.  Well, silly me, when Kade was born, my heart grew two sizes and he fit right in and we couldn't imagine life without him.  We call him our gentle giant.  He is so sensitive and so kind-hearted that sometimes just looking at him brings tears to my eyes.

Jett certainly is our wild card...he came with plenty of warning, but because of my stubbornness we almost didn't make it to the hospital.  He has been such a joy and getting to know his personality has been such a blessing.  He has penetrating eyes and sometimes I feel he can see into my soul.  

Raising children is a roller coaster.  Sometime I wonder if we're gonna make it to tomorrow and I always tell myself, try again tomorrow.  So, yes Amy, you will make it to tomorrow.  

As we learn and grow from that parent-child relationship, we learn that we are stronger than we think we are.  Those are words to live by.

I love my family and couldn't ask for a better fit; families are like puzzles, sometimes it takes awhile to get the pieces in the right places but once they are placed right, the big picture is beautiful and worth all that hard work.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Beautiful Amy! You expressed that so well and with a lack of sleep. You are amazing.

Meg said...

Amen. I really love this. I have a saying similar to this that I apply to exercise ("our bodies our capable of more than we think") but I love this version even more because it applies to everything. Thanks for sharing and yay for blogging!

Unknown said...

I love this! It's so true. Even if some days I lock myself in the closet for a good ten minutes just to calm myself down I just have to tell myself to be better tomorrow. Thanks for the great motivational post! I'm so glad you're posting this month. I've missed hearing about your family!