Pictures Courtesy

family pictures courtesy of Andrea Busath

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Teeth

My baby is getting his bottom two teeth.  I'm still a nursing mother so this just got interesting; the other two were bottle fed by this age.  

I've lightly flicked his mouth a few time when he bites and he gets this incredibly cute frowny face that melts me.

I have a feeling my kids are going to have a continued struggle with their teeth.

Maya was born with a neonatal tooth.  She had a tooth bud on her gums when she was born and by the time she was six weeks, a tooth had grown in.  It was brown, very discolored, and loose.  I took her to a pediatric dentist in the area we were living in and he said that we had two choices, 1) have him pull it or 2) keep an eye on it and make sure she doesn't aspirate it.  We opted for him pulling it.  He explained that there was a less than 10% chance that there would be an adult/permanent tooth there later in her life.  We took the chance.

At her three year old check up and cleaning, they saw the adult tooth in her x-rays.  Wahoo!!!  We were thrilled.

Kade had a pacifier up until about a month ago.  We've noticed a welcomed change in his bite and teeth alignment, but still.  Hopefully it just gets better and he won't have to have braces for TOO long.

So far, Jett doesn't have anything crazy going on with his mouth/teeth.  Let's hope it stays that way!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Ahhh! Teeth. Julie and I were just talking about teeth the other day. Her friend's son just knocked out his front two permanent teeth. I have lots of stories...as you know. I too hope your kids....DON'T have problems in the future.