Pictures Courtesy

family pictures courtesy of Andrea Busath

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Chocolate Chips

Arthur is an avid baker.  He likes it a lot and likes it even more when I request something or try, and like, an experiment.  

While we lived in California over the last year, we went through a lot, and I mean A LOT, of chocolate chips.  Arthur made something with them probably once a week.  As a going away gift, my parents hooked us up with this...


...a 25 pound box of chocolate chips.  We were pretty excited about it.  

Now how exactly is 25 pounds of chocolate chips packaged?  We thought for sure it was in individual bags, like the ones you buy at the store...WRONG!



We got a KICK out of how we found them; in an ENORMOUS blue bag just loose inside.  We've since moved them into our own make-shift individual 2 cup bags.

The box was given to us before we moved to Utah and we were pretty curious how the chocolate chips would do on a move to Utah; with an extended vacation in Tahoe in the middle of that move.  They were stored in our van at the bottom of the storage space in the back.  We were pleasantly surprised when we first opened it to find them still tiny pieces of chocolate.  As we moved them into smaller bags, it turns out, the whole bottom became melted together, which is great for me since I like to enjoy a 'little' bit of chocolate 'every once in a while.'

Arthur will continue baking with the chocolate chips from this box for a long time to come.  I look forward to the experiments and the tried-and-tested recipes he'll make!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Yum. I wish someone would make me some yummy chocolate chip cookies!

There is a chocolate chip commercial out right now that says something like, "They don't make themselves so we have to make them for each other." I tried to find it on youtube because I think everything is available on youtube but apparently not. Anyway, I like that saying and that commercial makes me want Arthur to make me some chocolate chip cookies.

Kathy said...

I miss Arthur's chocolate chip cookies :-(

And Becky - I think this is the commercial - I hadn't seen it - it *is* great! Lots of ideas for Arthur!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBbqjT_GiiI