Pictures Courtesy

family pictures courtesy of Andrea Busath

Saturday, November 2, 2013

"He who kneels before God, can stand before anything." - Unknown


The Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple

My daughter is getting to be the age where her prayers are more meaningful and she really thinks about what she is saying.  Last night we were getting ready to eat dinner and dad asked Maya to say the prayer.  We had just talked to her about our plans for the next day (today, Saturday), and one of those plans was mom and dad going to the temple.  In her prayer, she asked that mommy and daddy have a good time doing service at the temple.  It made my heart sing and made my eyes sweat a little bit.  She is growing up so fast and she's always learning gospel principles that we, as her parents, hold so dear to us.

We decided to attend the temple today because we're getting ready to make a big decision with Arthur's work; I'll blog about that later.  
The temple, in the LDS church, is a place where, those that have properly prepared, can go and serve the Lord to feel and be closer to God.  
Click here to find out more.  

We have learned over the past year just how important it is for us to continually strive to put service at the temple as a main priority...if not THE priority.  Going to the temple helps me sluff off all of the woes of the world and really regain my focus on what is important, and these days it is my family and being the best wife and mother I can be.

I love the warm fuzzies I feel while I'm there; I know that to be the Holy Ghost.  I know that I am able to recharge mentally, spiritually, physically, and emotionally...among other things.  The work that goes on there is sacred and allows me to connect with my Father in Heaven and better understand the role He plays in my life.  I'm so grateful for temples.


The Oakland California Temple - this is where Arthur and I were sealed for time and all eternity...that's FOREVER :-)

1 comment:

Becky said...

I so wish we live closer to a temple... That is a must for our next move. Remember when we went once a week the year after our missions. Great memories and I truly think that helps me now, being so far away.